Get Aggressive, Affordable Legal Representation for Your Contested Divorce
There’s a reason divorce is considered one of life’s most stressful events. It’s both confusing and emotionally overwhelming. As the reality of divorce settles in, you are going to have many questions and concerns. At Sean Lynch, PLLC, our Fort Worth divorce lawyers represent your rights and fight for you to help you achieve the best results.
Navigating a Contested Divorce
When possible, it’s always better when you can agree to divorce terms outside the courtroom, whether by agreement or third-party mediation. When a collaborative divorce or mediated divorce is out of the question, our award-winning attorneys are here to represent you in your contested divorce.
In Texas, there’s more to a divorce than settling spousal issues and filing paperwork. There are 3 stages that we’ll help you navigate.
- The actual divorce process
- Post-divorce issues
Quality Legal Services at a Price You Can Afford
The contested divorce lawyers at Sean Lynch, PLLC, are aggressive award-winning attorneys who offer some of the most affordable legal services in Fort Worth and Arlington. Unlike other law firms in DFW, we are up-front about our pricing, so that you know exactly what you’ll pay.
We are able to offer the majority of our services for an initial retainer of $2500; however, some cases, like uncontested matters or enforcement cases, might be less. Likewise, some cases might require additional upfront funds.
What sets us apart from other attorneys is that we do not bill hourly. Rather, we bill out of the initial retainer based on a flat-rate, per event price structure, which is outlined in your contract. This way, you know exactly what to expect on your monthly bill based on what work has been done in your case. No hidden fees, only up-front pricing.
What to Consider Before Getting a Divorce
Before getting a divorce, there are many issues you will need to consider. During a contested divorce, navigating these issues can get pretty heated. The divorce attorneys like Sean Lynch, PLLC will put emotions aside and help you achieve a desirable outcome.
- Asset Valuation: The court will generally divide the marital property in half during a divorce. Each spouse will get half of all assets, including:
- Personal assets, accounts, and debt
- Joint assets, accounts, and debt
- Real estate
- Intellectual property
- Real estate
- Educational degrees
- Child Visitation and Parental Rights: In Texas, there are three types of conservatorships.
- Joint Managing Conservatorship: Both parents share decision making about most issues.
- Sole Managing Conservatorship: One parent has the exclusive right to make most decisions about the child.
- Possessory Conservator: The parent who is not the Sole Managing Conservator.
- Spousal Maintenance: Under Texas law, there’s no guarantee of spousal maintenance, but either party may qualify for extra financial support if…
- The marriage lasted at least 10 years
- The spouse requesting maintenance can prove they are unable to support themselves financially after the divorce. Being unemployed is not enough — the spouse must prove diminished earning capacity. We can help you do this!
- Taxes and Retirement: We will help you navigate the various financial challenges that stem from a divorce, including retirement plans and the first tax return filed, which can be full of surprises.
Get Through Your Divorce Swiftly and Effectively
Regardless of how you and your spouse want to handle the divorce, the DFW divorce attorneys at Sean Lynch, PLLC can help you reach your goals. We understand that divorce is an emotionally difficult time, and we’re committed to helping you achieve a fast, agreeable and affordable resolution.
If you have questions or would like assistance with your contested divorce, our award-winning Fort Worth lawyers are at your service. Schedule a consultation with us today.